Public Skating guidelines apply to all skating events where the public are invited to skate, including:
shinny, public skating, family, senior and corporate skates.
1. Food & Beverage Consumption - is permitted in the concourses and spectator seating areas only.
2. Games, Hockey Games or Hockey Sticks - No games are to be played at any time that will endanger the safety and/or enjoyment of others. This includes hockey games, or the use of hockey sticks.
3. Keeping Pace - Avoid excessively fast skating and stopping (socializing), which could interfere with traffic flow.
4. Shoes - No shoes allowed unless assistance is being provided to help tots to skate or during a family skating session.
5. Wheelchairs/Sledges - Wheelchairs, wheelchair skates and sledges are welcome. Individuals using these devices must travel in the same direction as the other skaters. Attendants/helpers are welcome to assist individuals, however they must wear skates.
6. Use of Helmets - Helmets are required for all children under the age of 6 years.
7. Carrying of Infants/Children - Children must not be carried by any means (e.g. sitting on shoulders, being carried in arms or carried in equipment such as "Snugglies" or in back packs).
8. Sitting on Boards - Patrons may not sit on the rink boards at any time.
9. Figure Skating - is permitted at the discretion of the Arena Attendant.
10. Any skating rentals with 40 or more people will be subject to an additional charge of $50/hr for an Arena Attendant to be on the ice throughout the rental.