The Mattamy Athletic Centre is a smoke-free building. Electronic cigarettes are also prohibited.
Found items can be turned in to the Front Desk at the fitness centre on the 2nd floor. Please call the Front Desk at 416-979-5000 ext. 5339 to inquire about your lost item.
In addition to the list below, prohibited items include anything facility management deems as unsafe, hazardous, or disruptive.
No alcohol may be brought in or out of the building. When purchasing alcohol, you may be required to show ID.
Any guest causing a disturbance may be asked to leave by facility management, security, or staff without a refund.
By participating in and/or attending events/activities at the Mattamy Athletic Centre, Ryerson University will assume you have provided consent for your image/voice to be collected, used and reproduced by Ryerson University, its employees, or agents. All audio recordings, video recording, digital recordings, negatives and/or slides together with any prints shall constitute the property of Ryerson University solely and completely.
In accordance with Section 39(2) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (1990), personal information including images and recordings in connection with events are collected under the authority of the Ryerson University Act (1977) and will be used for promoting publicizing or explaining Ryerson University and its activities and for administrative, educational or research purposes. Personal information may be disclosed to outside service providers for processing and production.
• All skaters 6 years and under must wear CSA approved hockey helmets. We also recommend that all beginner skaters over the age of six wear CSA approved hockey helmets for their protection.
• When on the ice, all patrons must wear skates. No shoes are permitted on the ice. When wearing skates off the ice, skate guards are recommended for safety.
• Skaters are not permitted to use cell phones or portable music devices while on the ice.
• To enter or leave the ice surface, patrons must use the gate in between the team benches.
• Food or beverages are not allowed on the ice surface.
• For the privacy and protection of our patrons, photography and videotaping is restricted. For special arrangements, please contact staff.
• Alcohol, abusive language and aggressive behavior are not permitted in the facility. Failure to abide by this rule may result in a suspension from the program and/or facility.
• The Mattamy Athletic Centre is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please do not bring valuables into the facility.
For Leisure Skaters:
For the safety of all skaters, please
• Skate in the direction or flow of the other patrons
• Do not speed skate or skate backwards
• Do not carry children while on the ice
• Do not stop for extended times along the boards
• Do not play tag
• Figure skating jumps are not permitted
There may be an area reserved for beginner skaters. Please be careful when skating by this area.
• Skating walkers are permitted during leisure skate times.
• No sticks, balls, pucks, chairs or strollers are allowed on the ice surface. Exceptions will be made for sledges that are to assist those with physical disabilities. The person pushing the sledge is required to wear skates.
Staff are present for the wellbeing of all patrons. Please ask staff for assistance if needed.
For any questions regarding our monthly community skates, please call 416-598-5960.