The ice surface measures 85 feet by 200 feet, and is available on a year round basis for rentals.
Winter Ice (September 15th, 2013 until April 30th, 2014)
Prime Time: Monday to Friday 6pm-midnight, Saturday & Sunday 8am-midnight ... $325/hour plus HST
Non Prime Time: Monday to Friday 7am-6pm, Saturday & Sunday 7am-8am ... $225/hour plus HST
Summer Ice (May 1st, 2014 until September 14th, 2014)
Prime Time: Monday to Friday 5pm-midnight, Saturday & Sunday 8am-midnight ... $235/hour plus HST
Non Prime Time: Monday to Friday 7am-5pm, Saturday & Sunday 7am-8am ... $225/hour plus HST
Ryerson groups receive 25% off Non Prime Time ice.
Hourly rental rates are based on a maximum of 100 spectators. For events exceeding this number, or any special events, please refer to our Venue Rental page.
Returning seasonal clients that book on a weekly basis must submit their requests by May 31st for the winter season, and by February 15th for the summer season.
For current ice availability in the upcoming months, click below:
Spring/ Summer calendars coming mid-March
• All skaters 6 years and under must wear CSA approved hockey helmets. We also recommend that all beginner skaters over the age of six wear CSA approved hockey helmets for their protection.
• When on the ice, all patrons must wear skates. No shoes are permitted on the ice. When wearing skates off the ice, skate guards are recommended for safety.
• Skaters are not permitted to use cell phones or portable music devices while on the ice.
• Food or beverages are not allowed on the ice surface.
• For the privacy and protection of our patrons, photography and videotaping is restricted. For special arrangements, please contact staff.
• Alcohol, abusive language and aggressive behavior are not permitted in the facility. Failure to abide by this rule may result in a suspension from the program and/or facility.
• The Mattamy Athletic Centre is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please do not bring valuables into the facility.
For Leisure Skaters
For the safety of all skaters, please
• Skate in the direction or flow of the other patrons
• Do not speed skate or skate backwards
• Do not carry children while on the ice
• Do not stop for extended times along the boards
• Do not play tag
• Figure skating jumps are not permitted
For more information on ice rentals, please contact our Booking and Event Coordinator, Chantel Crockett at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 416-598-5972.
Each 1 hour rental consists of a 50 minute skate followed by a 10 minute flood. Each rental includes 2 dressing rooms, which are made available no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the start of the booking, and must be vacated no later than 30 minutes after the end of the ice rental. All ice rental groups and referees are required to bring their own locks for the dressing room doors in order to secure their belongings. Please do not leave any valuables in the dressing rooms.
The scoreboard is also included in the rental. The use of the Mattamy Home Ice sound system, as well as the videoboard and wireless microphones, can be made available for an additional fee. Please contact our Booking and Event Coordinator for more information.
All skating parties of 40 people or more will be charged an additional $50 per hour for an Arena Attendant and/or Access Control Staff to be on the ice throughout the rental. Please click here for the Mattamy Athletic Centre's policies and procedures with regards to skating parties and community skates. Please note that the maximum capacity on the ice surface at any time is 250 people.
All leagues must submit an insurance certificate covering $5 million. There is an additional $6.00 per hour fee added to all non-league, one-off rentals for on-ice insurance coverage.
Ryerson students interested in holding an event at the Mattamy Athletic Centre must complete the mandatory event management form by visiting, http://ryerson.ca/stuprog/event/eventmanagement/index/The booking will not be confirmed until approval is received from Ryerson University’s Student Life Programs.
All third party bookings must complete the required fields in the booking request form below and submit to Chantel Crockett before any rental confirmation can be made.
Please note that Loblaws does not offer any free parking for events at the Mattamy Athletic Centre.